SWG, Water Testing and Solids PPM Ratio - Need Help

I'd target 7ppm instead of 6. Especially if you still have sun on the pool. If you add chlorine at night (dark) to your target level, it should last you throughout the next day assuming no extra swimmer load. You'll have to test a little on the regular at first to see what you lose vs swimmers vs sun only to know how much you'll need to add per day and your particular variables.

Don't worry about having too much FC. You're actually safe to swim up to SLAM level for your CYA level. It never hurts to err on the high side.

I'm a little concerned about the 4.4oz recommendation. Do you have your pool volume set up? 4.4oz seems low to add 2ppm with your size pool. If you back out of the adding page on the app and re-enter it, check the pool volume and CYA level, does it still say 4.4 oz?

OK, I just used the old Pool Math page to calculate your water volume. Something's not quite right within your setup in the app.

You need to add 13 oz of 6% bleach to raise your FC to 7ppm (3ppm raise). Ignore the part where I didn't put 128oz bottle. It's the chlorine % that matters.

OK, I just used the old Pool Math page to calculate your water volume. Something's not quite right within your setup in the app.

You need to add 13 oz of 6% bleach to raise your FC to 7ppm (3ppm raise)

13oz of 6% is the same as 6.6 oz of 10% that Rod calculated.

What is your pool volume?
Also I guess I should add my pool volume to my signature. It's only 1740 gallons but with a 15 month old baby it's perfect for now. When she's a bit older were upgrading to the 18x56 7k gallon but for now our little pool is perfect.

13oz of 6% is the same as 6.6 oz of 10% that Rod calculated.
Correct.

Reactions: frogabog

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Whoa. Test FC and PH daily?

Yes. Once you get to know your pool and see how frequently chemicals need to be added you can adjust your routine. Generally a pool needs LC every day or two.

Keep in mind - this advice is for full-scale pools. Yours is small enough you could follow the advice from this article: Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools - Trouble Free Pool . Basically if your water gets nasty you could drain it, scrub the pool down, refill and be set. Harder to do when you have 17k gallons instead of 1.7k. But if you want to use it as practice for a larger pool - yep, daily testing until you get a feel for how much chlorine you're adding daily, then you can cut down to 2-3 times per week to make sure you're hitting your targets.

You can also use an OTO to test at night when you're closer to your minimum since that should be at or less than 5ppm and would show on the OTO. It's a little cheaper to test this way, but shouldn't be relied upon all on it's own. You'll still want to run the DPD a couple times a week to check for CC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.