SWG Question

Jun 30, 2018
OKC/Oklahoma
Finding 10% liquid chlorine This year has been the worst, so I’m inches away from pulling the trigger on a SWG. I’ve been considering it for two years, but being unable to find the liquid chlorine this year has been the tipping point. I’m considering the CircuPool RJ-60 (originally considering RJ-45, but they’re offering a “upgrade for $10 more” special).

I have a question on how/when the SWG knows to run? I typically run my single speed pump for about 10 hours overnight. I was also considering the SJ-55, but it was mentioned that a separate timer would need to be connected.

I’m hoping someone can simplify how the SWG knows to run if my pump is only running overnight?

I appreciate the help!

Last edited:
Do you have your current pump set up on a timer? If so, you would wire the SWCG to that timer too. If you have a VS pump, you need a timer for the SWCG so you can schedule it to only get power when the pump is running.

Reactions: Shoogle
Do you have your current pump set up on a timer? If so, you would wire the SWCG to that timer too. If you have a VS pump, you need a timer for the SWCG so you can schedule it to only get power when the pump is running.
Yes, current pump is on a timer...I guess it’s a standard timer? Its a rectangle box, with a circular center with metal on/off clips that rotates.

So either (RJ or SJ) would just be connected to the same timer for the pump and runs only when the pump does?

Last edited:
I’m considering the CircuPool RJ-60 (originally considering RJ-45, but they’re offering a “upgrade for $10 more” special)

Keep in mind that you can upgrade from the RJ-30+ to the RJ-45+ for $10 as well, so the effective price of the RJ-45+ is $1039 and the effective price of the RJ-60+ is $1229. The RJ-45+ will be more than enough for your pool. Upgrading to the RJ-60+ is fine if you want to do that, but realize that it’s actually $190 more, not $10 more.

Reactions: Shoogle
Correct. The RJ allows for more fine adjustment of chlorine generation.
Thank you for your help!
So now knowing that either can be set up to power through the existing timer, the decision (outside of initial cost/warranty/replacement cell cost) is SJ-55 ($849) with the standard percentage outputs 25/50/75/100/SC, or the RJ-60 ($1229) for better control.
Decisions, decisions!

Thank you!

Keep in mind that you can upgrade from the RJ-30+ to the RJ-45+ for $10 as well, so the effective price of the RJ-45+ is $1039 and the effective price of the RJ-60+ is $1229. The RJ-45+ will be more than enough for your pool. Upgrading to the RJ-60+ is fine if you want to do that, but realize that it’s actually $190 more, not $10 more.
Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.