The Villages, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I've looked all over for an answer to this and can't find one. Hoping someone here can shed some light. When you run an SWG with a VSP, does the chlorine output change based on pump speed?

i.e. if I have my SWG set to 10%, does it produce the same amount of chlorine when the pump is at 1000 rpm vs 3500 rpm?

Hoping someone here can shed some light. When you run an SWG with a VSP, does the chlorine output change based on pump speed?

No.

As long as the SWG flow switch is satisfied to generate the chlorine generation amount is fixed. Amount of water flow does not change chlorine output.

As long as the flow switch is closed on the SWCG, it will produce chlorine based on the % setting you have it at. You can determine what RPM that is by trial and error.

IR,

Just for reference... Your 40K SWCG running at 100% output will generate 1 ppm of FC per hour of pump run time, in your 7K pool..

If you set the SWCG output to 50% your SWCG will generate .5 ppm of chlorine per hour.. etc..

You can adjust the output of the SWCG by adjusting your pump run time, or the output of the SWCG, or a combination of the two...

Let us know if this does not make sense.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: mrcarcrazy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.