SWG output with VSP pump

PoolBrews

Oct 16, 2019
The Villages, Florida
I've looked all over for an answer to this and can't find one. Hoping someone here can shed some light. When you run an SWG with a VSP, does the chlorine output change based on pump speed?

i.e. if I have my SWG set to 10%, does it produce the same amount of chlorine when the pump is at 1000 rpm vs 3500 rpm?

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Hoping someone here can shed some light. When you run an SWG with a VSP, does the chlorine output change based on pump speed?
No.

As long as the SWG flow switch is satisfied to generate the chlorine generation amount is fixed. Amount of water flow does not change chlorine output.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
As long as the flow switch is closed on the SWCG, it will produce chlorine based on the % setting you have it at. You can determine what RPM that is by trial and error.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
IR,

Just for reference... Your 40K SWCG running at 100% output will generate 1 ppm of FC per hour of pump run time, in your 7K pool..

If you set the SWCG output to 50% your SWCG will generate .5 ppm of chlorine per hour.. etc..

You can adjust the output of the SWCG by adjusting your pump run time, or the output of the SWCG, or a combination of the two...

Let us know if this does not make sense.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: mrcarcrazy