Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I measure my filter pressure (head) on startup, since the pump is running flat out (3450 rpm) and the pressure is the highest. I noticed almost 2 psi more pressure after installation of my SWG. And at 1050 RPM, my VSP shows about 60/61 Watts instead of 55. That is about a 10% increase in electric costs for the year. I'm not sure how I'll handle the extra $14/year...Not to mention the $20 per year for running the SWG...

God I love VSP and my SWG! Yes, yes. I know that the SWG must be replaced about every 5 years for about $500. But $120 per year is cheap money compared to my bleach usage at about $10-15/week in the summer. And I used to spend about $800 per year on my single speed pump! And my Dolphin cleans the pool better and saves about $125/yr. Everyone should replace their stupid pressure and vacuum side cleaners with at least an S200 (or equal).

Yep, the bad old days were $900/yr plus bleach, now $150/yr. And the pool has never been so clean.

I love this place. Maybe I need to make another donation....

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.