SWG - Is it REALLY worth it??

I just converted and love it. I also had my pool dialed in last season with liquid chlorine. Then I went on vacation for 3 weeks and had to re-SLAM and drop my CYA by draining since I was relying on pucks. Bonus is that the end users - my wife and fours kids swim more because they like the water feel. Honestly thats the best part.

Reactions: TimTucker
I am curious, where did you find the data for all the things you listed in your 2nd paragraph? None of them here on TFP.

A SWCG replaces having to add chlorine every day. You may have to add some acid every once in a while, but you had to do that before if using liquid chlorine exclusively.

Many also find the water to be much more refreshing. But that is up to each individual person.

Ok, well since I've been thoroughly convinced to go on with the SWG installation, I've also read that water temp should be at least 70 degrees before installing, is this true?
Any other tips on install I should know about or be wary of?

Thanks for all the info!
Rich

You can install the SWCG anytime. Most quit or reduce at a lesser rate chlorine when the water temperature falls below 55F or so.

Ok, well since I've been thoroughly convinced to go on with the SWG installation, I've also read that water temp should be at least 70 degrees before installing, is this true?
Any other tips on install I should know about or be wary of?

Thanks for all the info!
Rich
Dang.. Marty posted first.. now I have to say something different....

I installed mine in the winter/March time frame... so it was ready to go when the pool season started. All of them won't generate when the water is cold, its a limitation of the technology. Mine pretty much poops out below 59 and I get a "too cold" notification on the controller. And it runs best when the water is above 70. Each manufacturer is a little different.

And congrats on pulling the trigger. You wont be disappointed.

Reactions: TimTucker
SWG is definitely worth it. It’s so much easier than dumping in bleach. I had to use bleach for a couple of weeks till my SWG could be turned on when they finished our pool last year. SWG is a whole lot easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.