SWG install: Where to insert the cell?

Installing this in-between the Heater and the SWG - Which one should I buy?
  1. CMP Check Valve 2" Inside 2-1/2" Outside 1/2 Lb. - 25830-814-000 (Custom Molded Products CMP Check Valve 2" Inside 2-1/2" Outside 1/2 Lb. - 25830-814-000 - INYOPools.com)
  2. Jandy Check Valve 2 Inside 2 1/2 Outside - 7305 (Jandy Check Valve 2 Inside 2 1/2 Outside - 7305 - INYOPools.com)
  3. Pentair 172288 Check Valve - Rainbow 1 1/2" & 2" Slip Spring Check Valve - R172288 - INYOPools.com

Couldn't find anything on HomeDepot. Some items are better priced at AmazonSmile: You shop. Amazon gives..

Thanks! :paddle:

Last edited:
Reactions: markayash
it can be installed after heater, it would not matter but in ground cleaning systems need a lot of flow and high energy consumption. If you already have a robot, no need for the inground. Always run enough rpms to make the flow sensor happy.

Thanks. Read somewhere else that the plumbing of the in-floor is separate somehow, so it wouldn't matter.

Right now I only have the in-ground cleaning system running from time to time to clean the spa out of desert dust as the robot doesn't have access to it, tho it also kinda works by running the spa spilling-over. The rest of the time I'm running at 1200 rpms. Will post what rpms work once I'm done with plumbing :bounce:

There is no need for a check valve between a SWCG and the heater. The SWCG stops producing chlorine when the pump stops pumping. And the fluid within the SWCG is not acidic, which is the issue with a heater.

Installing this in-between the Heater and the SWG - Which one should I buy?
  1. CMP Check Valve 2" Inside 2-1/2" Outside 1/2 Lb. - 25830-814-000 (Custom Molded Products CMP Check Valve 2" Inside 2-1/2" Outside 1/2 Lb. - 25830-814-000 - INYOPools.com)
  2. Jandy Check Valve 2 Inside 2 1/2 Outside - 7305 (Jandy Check Valve 2 Inside 2 1/2 Outside - 7305 - INYOPools.com)
  3. Pentair 172288 Check Valve - Rainbow 1 1/2" & 2" Slip Spring Check Valve - R172288 - INYOPools.com

Couldn't find anything on HomeDepot. Some items are better priced at AmazonSmile: You shop. Amazon gives..

Thanks! :paddle:
I bought all my valves online. I can suggest on amazon is to look under the " used" section for a part. 95% of the time its where somebody bought the wrong size and sent it back and you can save a lot sometimes.
I only buy "used" from amazon warehouse. I have bought a few Jandy valves that way..I watch and if my cartridge filters go on sale I buy and put them in the basement :)

I bought all my valves online. I can suggest on amazon is to look under the " used" section for a part. 95% of the time its where somebody bought the wrong size and sent it back and you can save a lot sometimes.
I only buy "used" from amazon warehouse. I have bought a few Jandy valves that way..I watch and if my cartridge filters go on sale I buy and put them in the basement :)
yep, was the first thing i checked :mrgreen:

just out of curiosity now, what's the difference between these valves tho?
Not sure, I bargain shop and just learned to stay away from ball valves :)
Seems Jandy makes good stuff, on thing to watch is a lot of the valves are both 1 1/2 and 2 but the inside is really 1 1/2 Not a huge deal but I got the ones for 2 and 2 1/2”.
I no am old school so more flow the better 😎

Not sure, I bargain shop and just learned to stay away from ball valves :)
Seems Jandy makes good stuff, on thing to watch is a lot of the valves are both 1 1/2 and 2 but the inside is really 1 1/2 Not a huge deal but I got the ones for 2 and 2 1/2”.
I no am old school so more flow the better 😎

I believe the same about the flow. Little things throughout the way do help have a better system, overall.

It's a Work In Progress and at the end of the day if I am to manage the pool I want this to work as much in-tune as possible, with all the wealth of knowledge available. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.