SWG install tomorrow

Hydrogen gas and chlorine gas are both generated at the surface of the plates.

Hydrogen gas is seen as bubbles on one side of the plates and chlorine gas is seen as bubbles on the other side of the same plate.

The size of the bubbles is partly dictated by the water flow.

Higher flow means smaller bubbles.

Reactions: Tracey R
No, not yet. I really haven’t had much time to actually focus on it. However with the long run of PVC I have, and the different levels of terrain, I don’t expect it will be as easy as I had hoped. Maybe just digging down a little bit for the filter to sit. I’ll really be looking at it probably Saturday.

Hi all! I was able to fix the big bubble issue in the salt cell by installing new O rings in 2 locations. Thank goodness because I didn't want to dig. Now I need to increase my CYA, which I have the increaser.

The directions say to add it to the skimmer. I did before the SWG was installed but need to add more. I've since learned it's not so good for the pump/filter etc to add anything to the skimmer.

So...how do I add the stabilizer? Spread it around the pool? Sprinkle it in in front of the return? Or is there a TFP recommended way to add it?

I had to add 5 lbs a month ago. I donated the sleeves off an old long sleeve shirt. I made 2 balls about the size of a large cantaloupe. Put one in both skimmers and let them soak for a day. After that they squeezed out pretty easy in a few minutes. I hopped in the pool and squeezed in front of the returns staying downwind of the cloud.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are in the central valley of California.. Temps around here average in the high 90's/low 100s most days of summer.. But my property is covered by redwoods on one side and giant oaks on the other.. The pool sees at most 3 hrs of direct sun a day.. so alas without an occasional bump from the heater my pool rarely gets north of 77! Meanwhile my neighbors with no shade and full sun on their pools all day, complain that it is like bathwater. Personally I like the trees and shade. I can tweak the pool temp if I want, and that cold beverage works in any setting!

Lol! Absolutely, you are more than welcome.

On a normal summer day it temps in the early 90s. Absolutely perfect for relaxing with a cold beverage.
Omg 90s that’s awesome, I’m in ct blasting my heater to keep my water mid to high 80s.
Did you get the CircuPool to work? How do you like it. I’m still searching for which SWG to buy. Since my pool season is finishing soon I’m just taking it slow reading reviews etc....

@mguzzy i’m at the south end of Texas hill country and are temperatures are usually high 90s and we usually run 15 or more days above 100. My pool is surrounded by oak trees however it probably gets 6 to 7 hours direct sunlight during the summer. I love it. I admit , I’m rotten.

@Diego168 blasting the heater to GET it into the mid 80s?! Eww yuck!
i have 1 last thing to switch to have everything right before I kick it on. I need to switch out the power cord to the pump so that I can hardwire it, or have my friend hardwire it, to the timer. I have no doubt that I will love it. I’m hopeful we get it switched out this weekend.

I could turn it on now but I don’t want to forget something & mess it up.

So, my friend is going to hard wire the pool pump to the timer today. My hope is we can get the pump to turn on , then a bit later get the SWG to click on and reverse that timeline when clicking off.
With what I have is that possible?

Attachments

• B2D7E344-BB35-496A-95BF-694E8A2B6798.jpeg
    B2D7E344-BB35-496A-95BF-694E8A2B6798.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 965044B4-16D5-4CC8-B4DA-2550566F6574.jpeg
    965044B4-16D5-4CC8-B4DA-2550566F6574.jpeg
    481.6 KB · Views: 20
  • CB60FC4F-78BA-4BC3-8353-390898404E02.jpeg
    CB60FC4F-78BA-4BC3-8353-390898404E02.jpeg
    377.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 76926A4A-D960-48A1-93AB-B0CEB6E111CA.jpeg
    76926A4A-D960-48A1-93AB-B0CEB6E111CA.jpeg
    396.4 KB · Views: 21
So, my friend is going to hard wire the pool pump to the timer today. My hope is we can get the pump to turn on , then a bit later get the SWG to click on and reverse that timeline when clicking off.
With what I have is that possible?

With one timer the pump and SWG will go on and off at the same time. That is fine for ot to work that way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.