SWG conversion - need suggestions

Jun 18, 2015
Erie, PA
Hello I would like to add the Shadowpotts thread, would you be able to recommend DIY SWG as you mentioned below? I just got a quote for our pool to convert from chlorine to SWCG and it was $899, not sure if this is reasonable or not as we just started the research. Any input would be greatly appreciated and thank you!

Welcome to the forum!
A SWCG will simplify the addition of chlorine to your pool. It does not mean you no longer need to test. First step is to get a proper test kit. That should include a salinity test kit if you are installing a SWCG.

A SWCG can be added to any pool. You need room in your plumbing after all other equipment as you want it to be the last thing prior to the water returning to the pool. You need a SWCG that is sized for at least 2X your pool volume.
If you think this is for you, let us know and we can guide you towards SWCG's that are good for DIY, no automation installs.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Hello I would like to add the Shadowpotts thread, would you be able to recommend DIY SWG as you mentioned below? I just got a quote for our pool to convert from chlorine to SWCG and it was $899, not sure if this is reasonable or not as we just started the research. Any input would be greatly appreciated and thank you!
Depends entirely on what's included. Can you give us details on make/model plus your pool size and type. Do you have automation?

Hello sorry for the newbie error and thanks for starting the new thread. It is a jandy truclear that the $899 was quoted for
Oasis 18x32 Vinyl Inground 16,100 gallons 3.5 to 6.5 depth
Kafko steel walls/Vanquish cleaning system/Installed May 2011
Jandy sand filter with Hayward universal H series H250FDN gas heater (new heater installed 7/2015),90" Traic spillover spa/Wildride slide
TF 100 pool test kit

The installer who quoted it said it would be fully automated with a control board

Appreciate any help and thank you!!
Attached the info that was emailed to me about the type and install

Attachments

• D398B5A5-448E-45D9-8320-689D4585F8E7.jpeg
    D398B5A5-448E-45D9-8320-689D4585F8E7.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
pa,

It appears the Trueclear is rated for a 35K pool and produces just less than one lb. a day of chlorine gas...

It should work fine for you and the price is quite good..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.