Corpus Christi, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hey all I have a quick question about mounting my salt cell I have a RJ model right now but i'm gonna need to be raising my equipment Pump/Filter and will no longer be able to mount it vertically gonna have to go with a horizontal mount and my question was if the 2" pvc will be coming straight out of the filter and running straight into the return horizontally no more than 10' run... <----"Buried Pool" would it be necessary to put a check valve in line with this? They say to put a check valve to kkep the line full with water so there is no air pockets in the cell but My assumption would be that there shouldn't be any air pockets because the return is under water so the line between the return and sand filter should always be full of water correct? any info or knowledge would be great... Thanks ahead of time....

If the SWG is below water level, it will always be flooded. But even so, when the SWG is operating there should not be any air pockets anyway. The lines are purged of air when the pump first starts. It would be nearly impossible for air remain in any of the plumbing lines unless air is being introduced through an air leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.