Options for mounting SWG

STL

May 15, 2018
St. Louis, MO
I have all Pentair stuff and am growing tired of handling gallons of liquid chlorine. I’m thinking of an IC-60 cell but not sure it can go on 3” pipe. Is there any reason I can’t reduce the straight stretch of return pipe down to 1.5 or 2” or whatever the IC-60 is to install the IC-60 horizontally? The booster pump is no longer in use as I have a robotic cleaner now. I’d likely just take the booster out and tie that booster return into the main return line with a 90.

Thanks, this site has been a huge help keeping my pool sparkling clear.

Attachments

• IMG_3616.jpeg
    IMG_3616.jpeg
    413.5 KB · Views: 14
It's already smaller than 3" coming out of your filter and heater.
Use 2" and then go back to 3" near the elbow that goes into the ground.

Also, consider adding a heater bypass. This can also be 2" pipe.

Do away with the tab feeder, booster pump and associated plumbing.

It's already smaller than 3" coming out of your filter and heater.
Use 2" and then go back to 3" near the elbow that goes into the ground.

Also, consider adding a heater bypass. This can also be 2" pipe.

Do away with the tab feeder, booster pump and associated plumbing.
The 2” out of the heater was my thinking. I’d remove the check valve, tab feeder and cut the booster out but keep the booster return tied in so I get flow out of that return in the pool. I’ll read up on the heater bypass, thanks.

Edit-keep the check valve if adding a heater bypass via a diverter valve? Could I just put a ball valve on the inlet and outlet of the heater and keep them open just slightly so there’s still some water going through but the majority skips it while leaving me the option to isolate it completely?

Last edited:
Reactions: markayash
No ball valves - unless you like replacing them from time to time.

Also, two valves (of any type) verses one 3-way Jandy valve and one Jandy check valve could lead to an issue with dead heading the line. A properly installed heater bypass as shown in the link will prevent that.

With a bypass (as linked above) you can allow water to flow thru the heater and bypass at the same time.

Reactions: STL
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.