SWCG schedule question

Whysomuch

Jun 3, 2021
Eastvale, Ca
Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me? I have a schedule set up to run the pool pump at 1800rpm from 8am to 8pm and then another schedule that runs from 9am to 1pm at 2400rpm, the 9am to 1pm schedule is under the pool circuit. When this schedule runs the SWCG turns on, the other schedule it doesnt turn on. Is there a way to make it so that the SWCG works on this other different ciruit/schedule? I havent figured out if this is possible or not? I assume I might just need to make the 8am to 8pm schedule on the pool ciruit with my lower settings so that the SWCG can run for longer and do the 4 hour skimmer setting at 2400 on the other circuit.

Appreciate any help,
-Nick

We're going to need more info about your system. Can you update your signature? See mine as an example. I'm assuming you have some automation, so be sure to mention that. Also post some pics of your equipment and/or automation. It will help.

Nick,

For your IC40 to work your EasyTouch has to be in the Pool mode or Spa mode, that is how it is designed.

It makes no sense to run your pump if you are not making chlorine.

Tell me the purpose of running at 1800 vs running at 2400?? What are you trying to accomplish?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thats what i assumed.

My reasoning was the 1800 was more to just filter the water, the pool is 20,000 gallons. The 2400 was so the side suction vacuum and skimmer would work. Overall to save some electricity really.

Am I wrong in this thinking?

-Nick

Last edited:
Nick,

Every pool and pool owner are different, so there is no absolute right answer here.

I personally run my pump 24/7 because I like to make a little chlorine all the time and to skim all the time. If I had a suction cleaner, then I would increase the pump speed for the time I wanted the cleaner to run, but (to me) it makes little sense to not be making chlorine at the same time.

To set this up, you'd schedule the Pool Circuit for the total time you wanted to run your pump. Let's say 8 am until 8 pm at 1800 RPM.
Then schedule the pump to increase in speed to 2400 RPM from 9 am until 1 pm. (You'd use a Feature circuit to do this)

This is what would happen.. The pump starts at 8 am and runs at 1800 RPM until 9 am when the pump will increase speed to 2400 RPM. Then at 1 pm the pump will slow down to 1800 and run that way until 8 pm

I run at 1200 RPM and my SWCG and Skimmers work just fine. But... I don't have a heater.

Please let me know if this makes sense or if I can get you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,

Jim R.

This is what i assumed I would have to do.

My question is, the 9am to 1pm schedule that increases the pump to 2400 RPM. During this time since the circuit wouldnt be the "POOL CIRCUIT", does this mean in this window the SWCG would be turning off or since the underlying pool circuit is running 8am to 8pm it would still be working?

Appreciate this tremendously Jim!

-Nick

Nick,

You don't run one or the other.. You run them both as follows..

From 8 am until 8 pm the Pool circuit is on.
From 9 am until 1 pm both the Pool circuit and the ??? whatever circuit is set to 2400 RPM, will be on.

When the pump sees two or more speed requests at the same time, it will always run the faster one.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.