SWCG Questions

Dec 17, 2018
Central Texas
Need some advise on possibly installing a SWCG in a new pool. Our pool is around 15k gallons won’t a in-line tablet clorinator. I have stopped using after reading the form and have been using liquid chlorine. My questions are 1) I have white limestone coping and wanted to know if the salt will damage the limestone? 2) I have a UV system and O3 Ozone system, will this effect any of these devices?

This is a new build that was finished in January.

What do you recommend? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

You have Pentair equipment and should get a Pentair IC40 or IC60 SWG. You should get a SWG that is at least 2X your pool size.

Chlorine is chlorine regardless of the source. Your UV and Ozone systems will be as ineffective with a SWG as with liquid chlorine.

Lots of discussions here about differing quality of Texas stone pools. If you have problems with your limestone it will be due to the stone quality not the SWG. All pools contain chlorine and salt whether you have a SWG or not.

Most horror stories around SWCG systems is due to out of control pH. Test your own water chemistry. Maintain it properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.