SWCG previously installed but currently disabled

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
The zero voltage indicates a problem.

The service person should have been able to figure that out.

Hopefully, they will send someone who knows what they're doing and does a thorough proper job.

giant_bronut

Mar 16, 2021
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This circuit board looks different than the ones I see on the YouTube vids to replace the Thermistor.

Attachments

• F8F3778B-15F3-4AAC-A802-6A6FFE201513.jpeg
    F8F3778B-15F3-4AAC-A802-6A6FFE201513.jpeg
    535.4 KB · Views: 19

giant_bronut

Mar 16, 2021
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’ll look to replace the yellow fuse.
Just to confirm there is no Thermistor to replace in this board correct?

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
If the warranty company is paying for the repairs, you probably need a new circuit board.

chadly08

Mar 20, 2021
St. Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
I had a SWG similar to yours installed on a pool I acquired with a home purchase last fall. It stopped working about a month after I moved in. On mine, even after replacing the flow switch it’d just light up the error light “no flow.”

This spring I replaced it all with a Circupool Universal40. I can’t speak highly enough of the unit. If you are in a situation where you are replacing, I’d recommend a serious look into the circupool. Super easy to install and fits in the exact opening you already have in your plumbing. More than likely, it’s not much more to replace the entire system with the circupool than replacing your current salt cell. Let me know if you have any questions about the unit.

giant_bronut

Mar 16, 2021
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had a SWG similar to yours installed on a pool I acquired with a home purchase last fall. It stopped working about a month after I moved in. On mine, even after replacing the flow switch it’d just light up the error light “no flow.”

This spring I replaced it all with a Circupool Universal40. I can’t speak highly enough of the unit. If you are in a situation where you are replacing, I’d recommend a serious look into the circupool. Super easy to install and fits in the exact opening you already have in your plumbing. More than likely, it’s not much more to replace the entire system with the circupool than replacing your current salt cell. Let me know if you have any questions about the unit.
I’m still in the works to contact our warranty company to see if they can replace the circuit board. However I would like to learn more about your Circupool Universal40. Is there a thread you can link me to about your project? I already have the salt cell so if I go your route, can I just purchase a new controller?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

chadly08

Mar 20, 2021
St. Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
I’m still in the works to contact our warranty company to see if they can replace the circuit board. However I would like to learn more about your Circupool Universal40. Is there a thread you can link me to about your project? I already have the salt cell so if I go your route, can I just purchase a new controller?
I doubt that you’d be able to use the circupool controller to control a non-circupool cell. I had asked a question on this site about using a Hayward T-15 cell with a circupool controller and no one had any experience. I wound deciding to just replace both this year. Doing it yourself makes it a much more affordable project.

Saltwater Swimming Pool Systems & Supplies | Discount Salt Pool

Installation was so easy I didn’t even document the process. It’s as simple as a couple of wires and twisting in the new cell.