SWCG not responding to ET8 commands

Jan 20, 2018
Joshua, TX
Was dealing with some high FC levels. Over the course of the week I backed down the % via my ET8. FC levels continued to rise. Discovered while the ET8 accepted the command it didn't transmit to the IC40. I had to manually reduce the chlorine production with the buttons on the cell.

When I discovered this I was on my way out of town and didn't have time to troubleshoot. Has anyone had this issue before? Wanted to get insight from the brain trust before I call pentair when I get home.

tt.

The cell is controlled by the serial com bus..

The first thing I'd want to do is make sure the pump says "Display not active".. this proves that the com bus is working (System must be in Auto and not Service mode)

The next thing to do is make sure the ET knows that the IntelliChlor is there... Menu, Setting, IntelliChlor, enable must say "Yes"

Go to Menu, Diagnostics, Chlorinator and the display should show com status and salt level...

Then the next thing would be to make sure that the cable between the com port on the main board and the SWCG power supply board (Surge board) is connected and the connections are not loose.

After that, there is not much else you can do, without installing new parts.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.