joeprunc

Apr 26, 2021
Discovery Bay, CA
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
This afternoon at work I noticed when I logged into the Intellicenter App that my pump had not turned on today. I have 6 unique schedules throughout the day and not one had triggered the pump to turn on. I check on the pool daily and this is the first time I've experienced this. Unfortunately I am at work right now and cannot physically troubleshoot the equipment, but reaching out so I can fix this issue before we leave town for the weekend.

Remotely I am able to turn on and control the pump/systems/circuits. (so not a wifi/app issue, nor an electrical/breaker issue)
I do have an egg timer on one of my circuits, and when I turned this circuit on remotely, it did shut off after 10 minutes as it should have.
I tried to add new schedules and modify existing schedules to test the system, (my equipment did not respond to either the newly added/modified schedules)

The only thing I can identify as a change was last night we had a power outage. We have had several power outages since our pool was put in a year and a half ago so I'm not sure why this could be different.

When I get home I'm planning on turning the equipment off, tripping the main breaker and letting it reboot. As well as make sure the pump isn't on a different mode (ie service mode)
Are there any other items I should try tonight?

Just anecdotally - we had a flash outage last night (less than 2 seconds). The schedules worked on my Intellicenter but I lost all remote control on the App until I rebooted it. There is a reset button on the front panel that if you briefly hit (don’t hold it down) acts as a restart or you can turn the power off.

Maybe Intellicenter just doesn’t like power outages… 🤷‍♂️

Problem solved: power outage cause the time and date to be off. I reset the time and all worked fine.
If it’s connected to WiFi or internet set the date and time to the Auto function so that it pulls it from the net (as it knows your locations) then it always resets after each outage…. Under advanced settings clock source = Auto

Attachments

• FF8F0072-8A7E-4D42-91B2-91C8E193B635.png
    FF8F0072-8A7E-4D42-91B2-91C8E193B635.png
    325.7 KB · Views: 2
Problem solved: power outage cause the time and date to be off. I reset the time and all worked fine.
Which version of the firmware are you running? I think 2.006 has an issue with not remembering the clock settings. Mine would do this also, where it would lose the clock settings on a reboot/power cycle.

I have been staying on 2.006 because of the freeze protection issue on 1.064. Now that temps are no longer dropping into freeze territory, I have finally reverted to 1.064, in the hopes that they will issue a new revision before next fall/winter that corrects the freeze protection issue caused by a power cycle.

--Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.