Swamp Fever...First Time Pool Opening....SLAM Time

LOL on smelling the chlorine.............there was a thread a little bit ago where they said that was what them missed and I have to say I agree as I LOVE the smell of bleach. To me it equals CLEAN :roll:

Yeah you have to find out where to go from here with your neck and life. Does it stop you from doing what you love to do? Will it get worse again as you start doing more? At what point does it need to be cut on? All very heavy topics :hug:

Kim:kim:

LOL on smelling the chlorine.............there was a thread a little bit ago where they said that was what them missed and I have to say I agree as I LOVE the smell of bleach. To me it equals CLEAN :roll:

Yeah you have to find out where to go from here with your neck and life. Does it stop you from doing what you love to do? Will it get worse again as you start doing more? At what point does it need to be cut on? All very heavy topics :hug:

That was a funny thread, if you can smell it, it's clean....LOL

My neck isn't stopping from doing what I love to do right now. Can't answer the other questions, only time will tell.

OMG I can't quit laughing!!! My co-worker (with the green pool) and his wife are arguing on the phone about the pool. She wants to go to the pool store and get whatever they say,so they can get the pool clear and he keeps saying "all we have to do is brush it and it'll clear on it's own." They aren't even vacuuming it right now, he has to have algae like crazy, water temp has been in the 80's for weeks now.

BAAAAAAAAHAHA.......I've told him until I'm blue in the face what he needs to do to get his pool crystal clear.

At lunch I went home and my neighbor down the street has a pool and the local pool store truck was there. They've been there twice now. I should of asked them how much they are paying the pool store and cut the pool store price in half and make me some side money.

WHAT??????????????? :shock: You mean to tell me that ALL I have to do is brush my pool and it will clear up!!!! WOW if I only knew :roll:

How did he settle on THAT piece of info from all that you have tried to tell him???

Kim:Kim:

WHAT??????????????? :shock: You mean to tell me that ALL I have to do is brush my pool and it will clear up!!!! WOW if I only knew :roll:

How did he settle on THAT piece of info from all that you have tried to tell him???

Kim:Kim:

Yep just brush and it'll clear up, it's the new way!!! LOL

I don't know, it's like he isn't hearing what I say at all. We just talked about it again but he still doesn't seem to follow me. He's so mad at his wife he can't even see straight and he wants nothing to do with the pool at all now. He's not even checking his levels but when he does he says it's high on his little test kit that goes to 5ppm. She said she wanted to take water to the pool store and have them test it but he said no. They've already had someone who she works with come try and clear it up but that didn't work.

I've offered to show him but he says no, it's ok...He's to the point he just wants to kick the wall in and let all the water run out.

It will work if you use my Supr-Kleen Magick Sparkle Brush$399.99 (how am I not rich yet, I ask you!)

That's too funny!!! I'm not going to type your brush name since you have it trademarked along with your other chemical with a similar name...LOL

Maybe if you sell it for $299 you would be rich. Haha

Co-workers wife went to pool store, they said her CYA is 60ish and they need to drain their pool to get it down to 30ppm. Didn't sell her anything and said the other levels were fine.....haha, they're not ok, I know, I've tested his water for him, just not the CYA.

hmmm, cash? Does anyone have have her number? Can someone let her know that the price of the Supr-Kleen Magick Sparkle Brushhas been reduced to $299?

(this has nothing to do with Shok's pricing suggestion, so I don't owe him a commission nor a consultant fee...)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
hmmm, cash? Does anyone have have her number? Can someone let her know that the price of the Supr-Kleen Magick Sparkle Brushhas been reduced to $299?

(this has nothing to do with Shok's pricing suggestion, so I don't owe him a commission nor a consultant fee...)

Hang on I'm not giving you her number since you won't cut me in on your product. LOL

Or she is lying through her teeth and paid with cash so he will not know!

She very well could have.

Sorry this thread has turned into a thread about a co-worker but see what happens when you follow the TFP way, you don't have much to talk about when it comes to your own pool. :)

@Rollercoastr Haha!!! You selling any of those new fangled fancy scrubber thingies yet? Might want to up your marketing game or go on Shark show and get some investors. I'm sure you'd be pretty good at making a pitch to them.

Any ideas on what I can do to keep my dog out of the pool when we aren't out there? The high side of my yard is about two feet away from the edge of my pool. My silly dog who is part golden retriever (Head, fur, fetching and swimming part), part beagle (bark and nose to the ground part) part wiener dog (long and short part) can reach the rail and then jumps up on the rail and either sits there or walks around. I don't have a deck and the ladder is the only way in or out. We know she loves water because when we go to the river she swims and retrieves sticks all day long, non-stop.

Yesterday evening my wife let the dogs out and I went out to get them about 10-15 minutes later. I walked out onto the back porch looked towards the pool and saw her swimming in the middle of the pool. I ran down to the pool and she swam over to me and I lifted her out of the pool. I think she'd been swimming around for more than 5 minutes as she was breathing pretty hard. She's a good swimmer and I'm sure she'd probably swim around for about 30 mins. before drowning but dang it, it scared the heck out of me. She could of tore the linear but worse she could of died.

I might be able to dig the yard back another foot or so around that area and she shouldn't be able to reach the rail. She's always leaning up on the rail and dropping sticks in for us to throw when we are in the pool.

I'll take a picture this weekend when I'm out there putting rock around the entire pool.

I could probably get some of that fence people use around flower beds, the white wire stuff. I don't really like the looks of it but I would keep her away from the pool.

Well I thought I had my co-worker convinced to follow the TFP ways but apparently the pool store force is strong in this one and I'm going to have to work harder...LOL

They drained off half their water (because the pool store said to because of cya being high), they added water back and he dumped in a gallon of bleach. He keeps testing with his test strips and says he can't smell the chlorine so he's not sure if there is any chlorine in the pool. I had talked him in to ordering the TF100 kit Friday but today he said his wife went to wal-mart and bought the 6-way test kit (face palm) that also checks for cya. He said he will use that kit and won't be ordering the recommended one. For whatever reason I can't make him understand that you can't use that kit to properly test FC at the level he needs it to be right now.

Well have fun with that, I've been enjoying my pool for almost 2 months and he still can't use his (sticks tongue out)!!!!

On a side note: I wheel barreled over 20 loads of rock from my pickup to the pool Friday afternoon. It's nice to finally have river rock all around the pool and pump area, keeps the dogs from getting muddy too. I suffered no ill effects regarding my neck after all of that but I was sore as all get out.

Also put up some of that short landscaping decorative fence to keep the dog from getting in the pool, it's working just fine.

Hadn't posted any test results from my pool in a while so here we go.

From noon today:
FC: 7 ppm
CC: 0 ppm
pH: 7.5
TA: 70
CH: Didn't test
CYA: 40 ppm

Currently I'm still only having to add 20 oz. of chlorine a day.

In a couple of weeks we are supposed to check on things at a friends house (they used to own the local pool store) and I'm going to test their pool water to see how jacked up it might be. The guy that bought the store from them is supposed to take care of the pool while they are gone. I know when my family used to swim in it before we got our pool, they'd complain about their hair feeling gross.

:roll: oh the 6 way hth test kit aka "baby test kit" yeah see how long that lasts.......oh it is already all gone????????

I can't wait to see how messed up that pool is.

Well ANYONE would be sore from that!!!! BUT I am SO happy your neck did not react to it! PT does/did work!! SWEET!

Glad the fence is keeping the doggy safe!

:hug:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.