SURFACE DEBRIS COMING BACK OUT SKIMMER

ja123

May 21, 2018
NJ
For some reason when my pump is just turned off some of my smaller surface debris on my pool comes back out my skimmers. I am guessing this is a weir door issue? Anyone have a fix for this?

Some skimmer weir doors are complete systems that you can replace that include the stops. Some the stops are molded into the skimmer body. Take a look at. Get a brand /model/number off the skimmer. Call Inyopools Tuesday and see if they can help.

Some skimmer weir doors are complete systems that you can replace that include the stops. Some the stops are molded into the skimmer body. Take a look at. Get a brand /model/number off the skimmer. Call Inyopools Tuesday and see if they can help.

Yes these are molded to the skimmer housing. Unfortunately there are no part numbers anywhere that I can see

Of course you can see if you glued or screwed a piece of plastic or something to the roof of the skimmer on the pool side of the weir door to make a stop.

You can buy replacement weir doors. Just measure the width and height of the weir door, then look for a universal replacement online or at your pool store. They attach with spring loaded pins in the bottom sides of the door, that fit into notches in the skimmer opening. They are usually pretty easy to swap out.

You can buy replacement weir doors. Just measure the width and height of the weir door, then look for a universal replacement online or at your pool store. They attach with spring loaded pins in the bottom sides of the door, that fit into notches in the skimmer opening. They are usually pretty easy to swap out.

Do these have some kind of stopper pins though? It looks like they would swing freely back and forth. I need something to stop the skimmer door from swinging outward

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.