Superflo VS dying - need replacement options

My 1.5 HP Superflo VS is finally on it's last leg. I'd like to replace it with a truly VS pump that will work with my EasyTouch controller. Any recommendations? Bonus if the fittings are in the same place as my current pump and no plumbing revisions are needed!

Replacing: M48AA95A03

Intelliflo VS. 011056. I do not believe it will be a straight plumbing swap. You will need to order the pump unions for the Intelliflo.

Reactions: Newdude
You will need to order the pump unions for the Intelliflo.
I was looking at this pump the other day and amazon suggested the unions as ‘you might also like these’ so for once the system worked !! They should be easy to find.

Steven,

The gold standard of pool pumps is the IntelliFlo VS... the older 011018, or its replacement 011028, or the VSF which is the 011056... Just make sure that you do not get any pump with the SVRS option.

It will come with a control cable that connects to your EasyTouch.

If you have the EasyTouch, it is the only pump that makes sense..

You will need these unions... https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai...iEqZnht9PuAhWUWc0KHcqEBRoQ9aACegQIBxBC&adurl=

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks everyone. Local pool store has a 011056 in stock. Is the three year Pentair warranty worth paying their price of $1,499 + $150 for install and connection to the IC4? Looks like I could snag one for $1100-1200 on one of the discount sites but would be stuck with a 90 day warranty and figuring out the install myself.

Is the three year Pentair warranty worth paying their price of $1,499 + $150 for install and connection to the IC4? Looks like I could snag one for $1100-1200 on one of the discount sites but would be stuck with a 90 day warranty and figuring out the install myself
Statistically speaking, The house always wins with warranties. So they will make far more money in sales for the warranties than they need to fix with said warranties. If you happen to defy the odds and get a dud pump, those statistics won’t help your wallet or anger about it.

I am anti extended warranty whenever possible. I have saved so much money on several sets of appliances that when I do get a clunker XYZ, I can buy another one and still be $10k up overall. This warranty doesn’t cost ‘extra’, but the pump does so it’s all the same.

But, if it helps your piece of mind then get it by all means. I think $150 is a great price for install so that factors into it also if you think it will be too much aggravation to DIY.

In a perfect world you would buy the internet pump and pay them $150 to hook it up but their price is only $150 because they are already profiting the markup value.

Reactions: mknauss
I really appreciate it. This is my thought process exactly.

I’ve learned to DIY a lot and save a TON of money over the last few years, but this may be worth paying a few hundred bucks extra to avoid the hassle. As a matter of fact, the easy touch panel I’ll be hooking into was purchased on one of the discount sites a few years ago and shipped with a bad transformer, only discovered after everything was mounted and wired. Fortunately, I found a professional installer to do the work and he was able to easily identify (and fix) the problem. I would have never been able to isolate that issue on my own.

I would have never been able to isolate that issue on my own
Ha !! Repairs of anything are muxh harder than installing. Well, you have to know alot more at least.
I’ve learned to DIY a lot and save a TON of money over the last few years
So use some of that savings for once and enjoy an adult beverage while you watch somebody else fiddle with it. Yup....... they've said EIGHT four letter words so far.......... so worth it.

Reactions: stevenfmurray
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.