Sundance jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pound Salt

Jul 28, 2020
Plymouth, CT
Hi all. Does anyone know how to jailbreak a new Sundance spa to get some extra degrees over 104? My spa provider swears they have no idea what I am talking about. Good troopers. But at the slight altitude we are at 104 is just not quite enough. Thx!

Operating a hot tub above 104F is not recommended as it presents a health hazard. When the human body temperature rises above 104F, hyperthermia is a real danger. Hot tub manufacturers build a high temperature limit switch into their heater hardware that will turn off the heater in the event the water temp goes above 104F. There are also software controls that limit the temperature set point. This is all done for liability issues. You would not be able to circumvent the software heater controls easily and you would have to willingly bypass the high temp switch to keep the heater running beyond 104F. None of that is advised as it could be potentially harmful to your health and the health and safety of those that use the tub.

If it's cold outside, perhaps get some propane powered radiant heaters to put near the tub to help offset the chilly air....

You used to be able to program that board with a jumper pin to operater up to 108f. We would make you sign a waiver before doing it. To my knowledge that feature was eliminated about a decade ago. I will dig up my old sundance manual and see which one it was if I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.