Summer Escapes metal wall pool from year 2000.. NEW but question about parts

ruggeri5054

Jun 15, 2020
Doylestown
So I am leveling the ground, getting ready to install this pool.. Bought it NEW for 50 dollars. it is an old Summer Escapes metal wall pool from 2000. New in box but previously opened.

Has all the top and bottom rail guides, the risers and a few other odd and end parts.

Curious if there is a parts list or a manual online, I can not get anywhere with polygroup (who makes summer waves and to my understanding formerly summer escapes)

I am curious if the bottom plate or feet to the risers need anything other than a small piece of metal that came with it. There is no manual but I have set similar pools up before.

Any websites where I can see older pools parts or any way to make sure that everything is in the box that I need?

Attachments

• IMG-1280.JPG
    IMG-1280.JPG
    762.8 KB · Views: 17
Hi, welcome to TFP! You would install it like any other above ground pool. Ground needs to be leveled by finding the lowest point where the pool will be and digging down to firm packed ground to set the pavers. You will need enough 4x4x2 concrete pavers reseced into the ground to have one for each pool upright support. Your pool doesn't look like it has top rails, probably just a liner lock or cap all the way around the top of the wall to hold the liner in place.

Thank you for the quick response! Yea no top rails, I am just about done leveling, gotta get sand still.. once thats tamped in, I just want to be ready. My other question is the tracks (bottom and top) dont seem to have any pieces that lock them together, is that normal or does each track have to have a piece to lock them together?

as far as the top, it has a liner lock that will go in as well as the top track.

here are the pics of the pieces i am in question about..

Attachments

• IMG-1323.JPG
    IMG-1323.JPG
    342 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-1324.JPG
    IMG-1324.JPG
    370.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-1325.JPG
    IMG-1325.JPG
    316 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-1326.JPG
    IMG-1326.JPG
    361.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-1327.JPG
    IMG-1327.JPG
    383.7 KB · Views: 9
The rails are not locked together on a traditional above ground pool. The bottom rails snap into the bottom plate but have a little play in them so you can adjust as needed to fit the wall into the bottom rails.

Thats what im worried about because there are only 8 of the brackets that appear to be similar to a bottom plate but not even sure if thats what they are, its the one pic (img 1326)
Yes, that is your bottom plate. It should screw to the upright through that single hole. The hole should face the outside of the pool and the bottom rail fits in the back channel.

one more post and thats all i promise! There are 8 uprights, 8 bottom plates and 16 of the top and bottom tracks. Should I have 16 plates or do some of them not connect? This is totally different from what I have set up in the past. And are there any good websites or companies that carry parts for pools that are 20 years old? By 16 of the top and bottom, 16 bottom and 16 more top

so after looking further into this, i noticed that of the 16 tracks, channels or rims whatever you want to call them, 8 of them are slightly larger to have the others slide into the ends. this makes sense now, seems that all of them innerconnect and since there are only 8 uprights, they would just stagger every other connection.. since the 8 uprights were bandstrapped and sealed in a package id assume that that is the correct number of them. Same with the tracks. I just didnt realize they were meant to slide in eachother.

Reactions: zea3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.