Suggestions on Power Savings and Balancing Costs vs Electric Demand with your SWG

In the Aqualink CLEANER uses AUX1.

SPILLOVER uses AUX3.

Spillover Mode​

If you have a pool and spa you can enable the Spillover function with dip switch #3 on the main panel. When switch #3 is on then AUX3 becomes the spillover control. If you have any relay connected to AUX3 you need to move it to an available Aux position.

With Spillover turned on by AUX3 the POOL/SPA return valve will move to the SPA position. Water will be suctioned by the pool and returned to the spa.

The cam on the return actuator may need to be reset to fully close the spa return when in POOL mode.
Thanks @ajw22. I noticed that in the Jandy thread but if I'm correct, isn't AUX3 the pool light?

I also saw that last nugget of info, that it may need to be reset. Not sure if that it the issue in my case. I'm still attempting to figure out what is connected to what as I learn more about the pool.

Thanks @ajw22. I noticed that in the Jandy thread but if I'm correct, isn't AUX3 the pool light?

I also saw that last nugget of info, that it may need to be reset. Not sure if that it the issue in my case. I'm still attempting to figure out what is connected to what as I learn more about the pool.
You need to move your light relay to the Extra AUX which is SLR on the board as was done in this thread. That frees up AUX3 for your spillover.

@ajw22 from the read in the post, I would think one can use any Aux 24VDC port?

@Jimrahbe and @mknauss I believe I don't have to use the Solar Pump connection but I could use Aux4 or 5 correct?

I'd like to reserve the Solar for exactly that and keep another Aux for a ChemLink or doser of some type. I'm a big reef automation fan so I can see myself adding to this system. So from what I am reading, I need to remove the lights first from Aux 3 digitally in app and then afterwards turn the breaker off and move from Aux 3 to Solar Pump (or another if I have such). Then once that is done move the DIP3 to on and in the app, add the lights back to Extra Aux. Am I correct in what I am reading?

Thank you!

@ajw22 from the read in the post, I would think one can use any Aux 24VDC port?

SOLAR PUMP aux pump is the only other port you have control over. The others are hardwired to specific functions.

@Jimrahbe and @mknauss I believe I don't have to use the Solar Pump connection but I could use Aux4 or 5 correct?

It looks like you have an Aqualink RS4 that only supports four relays. There are RS6 and RS8 boards that support 6 or 8 relays.
I need to remove the lights first from Aux 3 digitally in app and then afterwards turn the breaker off and move from Aux 3 to Solar Pump (or another if I have such). Then once that is done move the DIP3 to on and in the app, add the lights back to Extra Aux. Am I correct in what I am reading?

Correct.

So I switched them this morning, turned on switch 3 and told the lights to be on Extra Aux before doing so. This actually now drives the waterfall spillover with lower RPM and doesn't use the pool return fountain, which I'm okay with but I understand this is just a recycle of the pool water correct?

I believe this is still skimming the water and running through the filter pump but not using the SWG or am I wrong about this?

I did notice the pool light icon has turned to spillover, maybe I can change that later to look more relevant. I have not had a chance to test the lights but will do so this evening. Thank you!!!

Your SWCG should be operating in Spillover.

You now schedule Spillover to run twice a day for 20 minutes or so. See how that manages things.

So I switched them this morning, turned on switch 3 and told the lights to be on Extra Aux before doing so. This actually now drives the waterfall spillover with lower RPM and doesn't use the pool return fountain, which I'm okay with but I understand this is just a recycle of the pool water correct?

SPILLOVER uses the pool skimmer suction and the spa returns. The pool returns are off during SPILLOVER mode.

You can set RPM for SPILLOVER flow on this screen...

capture3-jpg.438316

I believe this is still skimming the water and running through the filter pump but not using the SWG or am I wrong about this?

It is the same treated water as if it came out of your pool returns except it takes a roundabout loop through the spa and down the spillover into the pool.

I did notice the pool light icon has turned to spillover, maybe I can change that later to look more relevant. I have not had a chance to test the lights but will do so this evening. Thank you!!!

When you hit that spillover icon does it turn the spillover on and off?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@ajw22 I have to admit, this is much better. I did run the spillover mode last evening for 30-40m, however I stopped this after getting warnings of low salt. Is there a means to turn off the AquaPure when it does this?

Also, now that the spillover works by itself, when I revert to just filter pump the spillover is still partially active. Is there a means to stop this from occuring so I get a better skim at 1600rpm?

@ajw22 I have to admit, this is much better. I did run the spillover mode last evening for 30-40m, however I stopped this after getting warnings of low salt. Is there a means to turn off the AquaPure when it does this?

Also, now that the spillover works by itself, when I revert to just filter pump the spillover is still partially active. Is there a means to stop this from occuring so I get a better skim at 1600rpm?
It should stop generating when it's too low but you can turn it down to 00% for the same results.

OR,

Turn off the pipe labeled as "Spa Fountain" and see what happens.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Isn't this value a JVA?

How does it get turned off through the controls? If this does not appear to be the case, what do I need to add to do this?

Needs to be all push button for the wife and in the near future, to guests that will use this as we will probably just rent this out in the near future. This place is a planned rental for us.

OR,

As a test, I just want you to shut off the water going to the pipe that is labeled "Spa Fountain" and see if that shuts off the spa overflow that you still have in the filter mode.

I just want to make sure that line is what is causing the spa to spillover in the filter mode.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: OfficeReefer
@Jimrahbe that valve does not appear to be a JVA and is fully OFF from what I can tell. The down is Pool Return from this. The other two before it but after the main JVA, I'm guessing are also returns?

Both of these appear to be half open and those are the only I can see in this direction. The other direction from the main JVA is Spa Return to the left.
I'm thinking some of this might be due to the choice of pool coping and stone used (probably wasn't leveled either). From what I can tell, the top of the spillover will dry up but the other three ledges are wet with runoff to the bottom when the filter pump is turned off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.