Jandy Aqualink RS4 Programming / Extra Aux issue

bharris1

May 29, 2020
Los Angeles
Hi -

I'm new here. Just completed a full equipment replacement on my pool and spa. The spa has a spillover edge into the pool. No separate spillover pump. Jandy RS4 question that I've searched for an answer here and cannot seem to find. The plumbing is pretty standard, and the RS4 setup is

Pool Filter Relay - Pentair VSF Pump & JXI Heater
Aux 1 - 240V Spa Booster Pump
Aux 2 - 120V Air Blower
Aux 3 - Pool & Spa Lights

I am trying to find out a way to suck water from the pool into the spa to spillover (like SPA FILL MODE on the panel). If I set dip switch 3 to spillover, I can do this. But then where do I put / how do I handle the pool lights. Can I leave the lights in Aux 3, set dip switch 3 to on, and still have functionality of the lights?

Otherwise, is there another way to achieve the spillover I am looking for without upgrading my brand new RS4 to RS6? If not, it would probably be cheaper to get a new 240v air blower and put it on the same relay as the booster pump.

Welcome to TFP.

When you set dip switch 3 for spillover it is hardwired to AUX3 and the AUX3 relay cannot be used for other devices.

As you said you can put your blower on AUX1 with your spa booster pump but do you always want air with your spa jets?

You could put an external switch for your lights or blower.

Or you can upgrade to a RS6.

I am lost as to what the Spare Aux is. Show us some pics of what you hooked up to where.

What do you see when you go into your light setup? Also did you physically move the relay that the lights were plugged into to the Extra Aux (labeled as SLR I think on the board) from the aux3?

1591039586386.png
1591039814046.png

When someone else who had a light on AUX3 and changed it to SPILLOVER they needed to turn DIP SWITCH 3 off to access the light setting on AUX3 and remove it, and then put DIP SWITCH 3 back on to SPILLOVER. Then they could set the light on the new AUX circuit.

I am thinking that the problem is the physical relay that goes to the light needs to be re-located to the "SLR" relay port inside the Jandy control panel (my 2nd pic). I doubt that was moved.

I am thinking that the problem is the physical relay that goes to the light needs to be re-located to the "SLR" relay port inside the Jandy control panel (my 2nd pic). I doubt that was moved.

You were right! Awesome, I moved the SLR relay port from "Spare" to "Solar Pump" and now it appears to be working perfectly. Thank you for the prompt reply!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.