Suggestions on new pump motor or new pump

calstar

Feb 28, 2014
santa barbara, california
Dang, just replaced bearings and seals on my Hayward Maxflo pump and then DROPPED it carrying it for installation....slightly tripped but thankfully I I didnt fall, only the shaft was bent, just enough so the impeller hits the shroud,will not freely spin. So here is what I'm considering, a new pump or just another replacement motor, want 2 speed either way.

First the motor, same frame, specs say it works with my Maxflo and is a bolt on but will need to but the 2 speed control
wm7L2GC.jpg

and the pump, would probably need to change the pvc around but confident with thay.
HiccJyR.png

Sort of "6 of one, half dozen of another". Ratings, hp, sf, seem to equal out.

Total costs are pretty comparable once shipping, controller, etc is factored in. I did search read the subject on this forum , just hoping for some moreinput based on experiences.

thanks, Brian

Last edited:
Thanks, the Intelliflo at 3hp seems like overkill for my 15,000 gal pool, or can it be programed so it never uses the full load? The Superflo VS looks good, wondering of the use of the 1.5 to 2" unions(I have 2" plumbing) causes appreciable flow restriction. Also curious if the more basic 2 speed has fewer problems/loger life the VS. thanks

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.