Struggling in Phoenix area..

What are you trying to accomplish with your FC?

With a CYA of 50 your SLAM FC value is 20. With a FC of 16 you are neither here nor there which is why I was asking what you are trying to accomplish.

pH tests with FC above 10 are unreliable. So don't measure pH with a FC of 16 or during the SLAM Process. Either raise your FC to 20 and go with it or let your FC drift down below 10, check your pH, lower it to 7.2, then start the SLAM Process.

Added 1/2 gal of Muriatic Acid. Waited 2 hrs of high speed pump time.
PH now at 7.2
FC 10.5
CC .5
TC 11
No algae for 2 days now !!! YAY !!
How are these results ?
Also, I cannot measure my CYA till I get more Regent delivered.
Am I going to have to get used to testing my water everyday, and am I going to have to get used to using at least 1 gallon of Chlorine everyday, at least in summer ?

Unless you have drained water your CYA will not change. So your SLAM level FC is 20 ppm. Any reason you are not following that?

You will need to add 3-4 ppm FC each day during swim season. At the start, it is wise to test your FC each day to see what your pool consumes. Then you can test every other day or so.

Reactions: pwcfan
Unless you have drained water your CYA will not change. So your SLAM level FC is 20 ppm. Any reason you are not following that?

You will need to add 3-4 ppm FC each day during swim season. At the start, it is wise to test your FC each day to see what your pool consumes. Then you can test every other day or so.
Thank you.
Will my CYA go down over time ? Evaporation, filter flushing etc.....

Evaporation does not effect CYA levels.

Filter backwash will reduce CYA by the amount of water you use during it. CYA will also degrade slowly, primarily when the water temperature is elevated. When my pool water is 80F + I lose about 5-10 ppm per month.

Reactions: pwcfan
Evaporation does not effect CYA levels.

Filter backwash will reduce CYA by the amount of water you use during it. CYA will also degrade slowly, primarily when the water temperature is elevated. When my pool water is 80F + I lose about 5-10 ppm per month.
Water temp will not be going down anytime soon, so I can look forward to my CYA “taking care of itself”.
Thank you for the info.
Just added chlorine to bring my FC up to 20.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.