Strange blue cloudy color to water

The best advice I can give you is to get a TF-100 test kit w stir-stick.

When you do OTO tests and you are well above the highest color code, you're basically screwed on what your true and accurate FC really is. Mine was also a real dark orange too, but when I did a true FC test w the TF-100, my FC = 20. I would also be REAL LEARY of any tests from pool companies as well, unless you have a real chemistry whiz in there that does w a kit and not w a store system made for mass testing. Anything done in volume sacrifices true accuracy. And when you are fighting an issue w a metal, you need accuracy and in a timely manner. Otherwise your costs and time to accurate solution are both a lot higher and extended, respectively...get the test kit.

The best advice I can give you is to get a TF-100 test kit w stir-stick.

When you do OTO tests and you are well above the highest color code, you're basically screwed on what your true and accurate FC really is. Mine was also a real dark orange too, but when I did a true FC test w the TF-100, my FC = 20. I would also be REAL LEARY of any tests from pool companies as well, unless you have a real chemistry whiz in there that does w a kit and not w a store system made for mass testing. Anything done in volume sacrifices true accuracy. And when you are fighting an issue w a metal, you need accuracy and in a timely manner. Otherwise your costs and time to accurate solution are both a lot higher and extended, respectively...get the test kit.

Thanks, I have a test kit that does all those same functions by another company. What I really need at this point is one that will measure copper, but the one you suggest does not seem to do that. That is why I went to the pool store. What kit do I need to have to measure copper rather than go to the pool store for that?

Thanks, I have a test kit that does all those same functions by another company. What I really need at this point is one that will measure copper, but the one you suggest does not seem to do that. That is why I went to the pool store. What kit do I need to have to measure copper rather than go to the pool store for that?

Most reliable metal tests are fairly expensive. Taylor sells a Total Copper test kit for ~$100. You need to measure total copper as opposed to free copper because total copper will include any sequestered copper metal as well. You can also buy cheaper kits that just measure free copper but that does not give you the full picture. Measuring both free and combined copper tells you what amount of copper is free to scale and what amount of copper is bound up by sequestrant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.