Concord, NC
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi,

Back in April when my pebble was installed there was a small area in the deep end that didn’t look right and I mentioned it to the installers and they said it will be fine and come out. Lo and behold it did NOT come out, the PB sent the plaster guy back and he used a PVC pipe and some MA to try to fix it. I think he used too much and now pebbles are missing and there is a dip. PB finally answered me yesterday and said that the plaster guy will do a repair but needs to drain the pool and I’ll be responsible for refilling (filling again will probably cost me $300, 16k gallons). I’ve read up on patching and seems like it could potentially make this spot more noticeable, but also not sure of the integrity of the pebble now or in the future if patched. Please see the attached photos and recommend my best course of action.
1st 2 pics are from today and last 2 are from fill day. The area seems much worse now after the first “fix”, probably should have left it alone.

Thank you!

IMG_3547.jpegIMG_3546.jpegIMG_2090.jpegIMG_2088.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please see the attached photos and recommend my best course of action.

1st 2 pics are from today and last 2 are from fill day. The area seems much worse now after the first “fix”, probably should have left it alone
There's your *exact* quandary. The cure is can more than seldom be worse than the disease. Only you can decide how many times you spin the wheel of chance.

*Nobody will ever see it but you, especially if your guests are swimming.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.