Still cloudy

dreysmimi

Jul 26, 2020
Palm Coast,Florida
We had a green pool and got it to not be green and now it's very cloudy! Went to pool store yesterday and put in what was recommended to get it clear. All chemicals are within range. I used the clarifier recommended since we both agreed it was small particles floating g in filter. Twelve hours later still cloudy with no end in sight. I read that clarifiers can make it more cloudy! Is that true? Help

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Everything we discuss here is based on accurate home water testing by using a TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-2006C. See Test Kits Compared. Pool store testing, while free, is often inaccurate and/or misguided. Using a clarifier did nothing but cost you money. To remove algae you need one of those test kits and to follow the SLAM Process.

Take some time to review our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and the Vital lInks below in my signature. If you have question, let us know. Have a good day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.