Step by Step instructions for conversion to a SWG

Conversion is easy-peasy!

1) Buy device
2) Buy Taylor K-1766 Salt Test Kit and test your current water for salt already in the pool.
3) Use PoolMath to determine how much salt to buy to take it from currently salt level up to device requirement salt level. Add to pool and brush.
4) Install device .... use liquid chlorine all the while you work on this project. Have Free Chlorine level at desired level using liquid chlorine.
5) Turn device on and let device maintain the FC level you have dialed in using the liquid chlorine. Add increased CYA requirement.
6) Test daily to tweak system (turn up or down to get more or less FC) When dialed in....<go to step 7)
7) Sit back and have a nice cold adult beverage. Put your feet up. Test routinely. All is well.

Maddie :flower:
Cost for this? We are going to build our own. Should we go salt and back off other items, or go chlorine and do this after the fact in a year or so and add a few more features?

Cost for this? We are going to build our own. Should we go salt and back off other items, or go chlorine and do this after the fact in a year or so and add a few more features?
I went with a salt water system from initially from the pool install. I can't imagine anything else but a SWG. Mine was $1400 option if I recall 10 years ago. PB brought the necessary salt and added it and turned it on. Its worked well ever since.

Maddie :flower:

If your looking for cost for a SWG discount salt half a list. I paid $840 for mine in early 2020 but they went up a lot.
But I posted in a different thread I have been out of town for 2 1/2 weeks and checking my camera my pool is still perfect

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.