Stenner pump - 1 stenner, 2 chlorine tanks?

I think you'll find that it won't work that way. It will probably work for a little while, but unless everything about the two suction lines are exactly the same one will outpace the other. Even if everything is the same, one side will invariably draw a little more than the other and empty one tank first.

If you decide to try it, please let us know how it works out.

Hrmm- any suggestions on a T? I can give it a shot.
I think the best solution is to connect the 2 containers with a single line at about 1 inch from bottom. This way they will maintain the same level even if you just have suction from 1. Both need to be vented to atmosphere.

As given by others, using a tee junction to draw suction (from the top) from both tanks may lead to different levels in the tanks i.e. 1 could empty before the other and draw in air. A connection on the bottom simply forms a U tube effect therefore both containers will seek equilibrium to each other even if you just have suction from 1.
My suggestion would be to get empty plastic gallon milk jug or some other containers you may have easy access to and try your tee suction. You can maybe determine that the different levels may be minimal effect and you can monitor it properly to prevent air drawn into the system.
Let us know how that works out!!!

Rich - did you try this and did it work? I pull from a 5 gallon tank for my Stenner and have thought about trying to daisy chain also during peak season but haven’t wanted to cut into the bottom of tanks.

Heres an idea: if you can get a line filled with solution in place from one tank to the other with both ends submerged, the tank levels would theoretically equal out through the siphon created as the pump drew the level of one tank down. But I have no good way of getting the siphon started and holding it in place (without sucking on a bleach line….yeeech!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.