Stenners not pumping..

Tbeeler

In The Industry
Mar 7, 2018
Lancaster, Ohio
Hello! I am a CPO who runs a couple commercial pools. We have large 200 gallon liquid chlorine tanks with weighted lines that make sure they are at the bottom of the tanks. Suddenly my little stenner pumps will not pump unless I take the weights off the line, and I have the have the chlorine line toward the top of the tank for it to pump.. Why is this happening?

Its worth noting that the lines are new and are sealed, etc..

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked your silicon tubing inside the stenner? How old are they? Stenner recomends to change once a year. I found out if you lube them every 2 months with silicone they will last up to 3 years. Also check your check valve injection point, it may have buildup. Just for good sake, empty and clean the tank, then refill.

any chance the weight is collapsing the tube or kinking it, blocking it? I'm not sure if you can push the tube in so far that it bottoms out and blocks off the tube. Another guess is that weight is plugged up with salts.

Is the tube continuous from the pump to the the weight? Where it goes into the tank, it there a bulkhead fittings? If you have a bulkhead fitting and push-to- connect fitting on each side of it the weight may be pulling on the connection and causing it not to seal and it cannot pull enough of a vacuum to suction up the chlorine. I only have a push-to-connect fitting on one side of the bulkhead fitting. I drilled it out on the threaded side so I could push the tube through the fitting and have a continuous line from pump to weight.

Thanks for your responses. I would imagine it might be the silicone tubing inside the pump. I have not replaced since I've been at this facility, so I will start there!

The anchor/weight itself is clear.. it has filter on the bottom which is not blocked either.. so that's why I'm thinking the silicone tubing is my next step.

Thank you again guys!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.