Started today...its full 12-2-19

620 sqft....I dont remember the exact dimensions....ill have to go measure...SWG, Hayward equipment, gray plaster...should be about 19,200gal

Equipment list:
Hayward AquaLogic Automation Panel with salt (aquaPlus)
Hayward Ecostar Variable Speed Pump
Hayward 325 soft Cartridge Filter
Dolphin pool cleaner

the are 12" apart....there are two that are 15" in a curve that I will address when they get here tomorrow morning. my wife took the pictures before they were finished for the day. Unless you are talking about the first picture then I don't know....cant tell after they filled in between them with more rebar

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOVE the shelf and the steps shape! So nice looking!

Have you started bonding with your pool yet? aka watering it. This helps is cure slower to lessen the bigger cracks.

It is time for YOUR set of links:

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

thats for a light...its not as low as to looks in that picture, ill take a better one

edit....well it is actually lower than I thought...will be addressing it with PB this afternoon when he comes to get his draw

Attachments

• IMG_1273 copy.jpg
    IMG_1273 copy.jpg
    734 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I found them both...just wasn't in the correct place

Update on the pipe...PB swears it will be fine when it is cut off and the lite installed. He hasn't been wrong about anything yet and I still haven't paid him a dime so for now he gets the benefit of the doubt.

I am hoping it is just the way the pic was taken but the pool beam looks a bit high. I would assume it should have been very close to the same elevation as the existing patio or a bit lower after the coping Is installed. Do you have a long strait edge of some sort to check it with a level?

Be sure they remove the entire organic layer of soil under where the pool deck will be. It should be done before the trenching to avoid getting the organics mixed in with the backfill of the plumbing trenches. After the organics are removed it appears you will have some 2' plus fills for the patio and trenches. Be sure to ask the PB how he will be compacting the backfill material. It should be placed in at a maximum of 12" at a time and compacted with a heavy compactor rated for the depth of soil you will be compacting. Letting it settle for a period of time or driving over it with equipment is not a acceptable method of compaction and your soil will most likely settle more in a few years long after the PB is gone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.