Staining on tile possibly chemical or mineral??

98chrysler

Jul 29, 2019
DFW Texas
I have a spa that waterfalls down to the pool and it is getting some white colored stains on the tile near the waterfall. I don't remember it being this bad maybe 6 months ago or so. It seems to be slowly building up more and more. The spa is circulating the same water as the pool. In normal operation mode the pool skimmers and main drains pump water back to the pool jets and a fountain in the spa that keeps it circulating. I check the water about 2-3 times a week with a Taylor 2006 test kit and keep the values as close to my goal as possible. As of lately all I have been adding is a daily dose of liquid bleach and muratic acid as needed to maintain my ph. Last results were:
FC 6.0
CC 0.02
PH 7.4
TA 60
CH 320
CYA 55

It kind of looks like calcium deposits to me, but I really have no idea. I would like to figure out what it is to see if I can prevent it and remove it before it gets much worse.

20200315_114547.jpg20200315_114601.jpg20200315_114618.jpg

Could be both. First pic looks like scale on the tile. Other two pics show efflorescence from grout areas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.