Stain on stairs

mizzamouse

Silver Supporter
Jul 10, 2017
Woburn/MA
Hello,

After cleaning the pool of all the leaves when we opened for the season, we were left with a small stain on the top stair of the pool. At first, this looked like an organic stain because parts of the stain were shaped like leaves; however, they haven't gone away after a few SLAM attempts. I've also tried to take a chlorine puck and place it on the stain for 30 seconds to see if that removes it and it didn't. The stain also has a rough texture. Any ideas on how to clear this up or what this could be?
IMG_7134.jpg

I think the rough texture is your plaster, not the stain and the stain is in some of the pockets of the plaster. I would run your FC level a few ppm above target for the season and see if the stain fades. Otherwise this is what aging plaster does.

Thanks!
The plaster is only a couple years old. I usually run FC a couple above target so curious to see if it fades toward the end of the season or if there is something else going on.

I think the rough texture is your plaster, not the stain and the stain is in some of the pockets of the plaster. I would run your FC level a few ppm above target for the season and see if the stain fades. Otherwise this is what aging plaster does.

You can always rub a nylon with some crushed up vitamin C tablets in it over the area to see if it lightens the stain. If they get lighter or disappear, then it was some localized iron staining.

Reactions: onBalance
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.