Stain identification

josh_j

Mar 18, 2019
Houston, TX
I purchased my home with pool a few months ago and found TFP rather quickly and have been trying to absorb as much info and follow the procedures as much as possible. Previous owner used tabs so right away I figure out I had to drain water to lower my CYA and have been using bleach and MA since. Now that I have the chemistry somewhat figured out I want to turn. Y attention to the staining that has been present from day 1. I dropped a couple of vitamin C tabs and tried rubbing a tab on the stains as well with no reaction. What’s the best way to Ide tidy the stain type so I can start to tackle it? See pics below.
BDEECD9E-37EE-4B09-B573-FEC71904CFCC.jpegB441808F-C3EB-45A4-88BB-0333CAB2DA07.jpegB5639EA5-FAF0-4C09-A12A-65AC7176DD0B.jpeg

Read Stains in Your Pool - Trouble Free Pool then post your results.

To me it more looks like old worn out plaster that has stained over the years. May be copper stains from prior use of chemicals with copper in it. Metal stains are hard to remove and may not be worth the trouble.

Heavy use of tablets lends to very low pH. That shortens its life substantially.

Copper is a very difficult stain to remove. And if you get some of it released from the plaster, you must then drain the pool to get rid of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.