Sta-Rite IntelliPro VS 3050 motor noise - servicing and replacement questions

Dan-H

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2011
No. CA
Hello,

My Sta-Rite IntelliPro VS 3050 has medium pitch noise that's gettting a bit louder. It was installed in june 2011.

I've been told the motor has no serviceable bearings so if its the motor then it would need to be replaced.

I'm wondering if the noise could be the seal behind the impeller? or is nine years is the approx life span of these motors and I should just plan on replacing it soon.

edit: found a video, so it looks like the seals are all DIY and don't require a press.

Open to any other comments, advise suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Last edited:
I will replace seals and gaskets and see how it does. It got hotter today and late in the afternoon the noise was different. Saturday morning the noise was constant not tied to motor speed, but today that noise seemed to have gone away and a slightly different one was present.

It is not leaking as in dripping any water, however there is some calcium or salt dried between the motor and the pump.

Can the bearings be replaced on this motor? I seem to recall being told it did not have replaceable bearings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.