Sta-Rite heater

tone100

Jul 12, 2008
I have a Sta-Rite max e therm heater. Rats made a nest for who knows how long their pee rusted out the top of the combustion chamber. I was thinking about buying a Pentair heater to replace it. I read they are the same internals. Will the water and gas connections line up on the Pentair or will I have to replumb it? If any new plumbing is required I might go with the Raypak.

1634515899384.png
80383_0_2019612154511.jpg

1634516038011.png
Max-E-Therm-Low-NOx-200000-BTU-Natural-Gas-Heavy-Duty-Cupro-Nickel-Pool-and-Spa-Heater

I think so. There pipe from the pump is long and has enough play in it. The outlet side might be harder. I was thinking about using 3 90’s to make a u in the pipe so I can offset it.

The Jandy JXI is probably the one gas heater on the market that is virtually rat proof. However, if you do decide to go with another Pentair, you can use a screen to cover the vents and other areas where mice/rats get in. There is also a company that makes and sells screen kits that you can install on the Pentair units.

The Jandy JXI is probably the one gas heater on the market that is virtually rat proof. However, if you do decide to go with another Pentair, you can use a screen to cover the vents and other areas where mice/rats get in. There is also a company that makes and sells screen kits that you can install on the Pentair units.
Thank you. I’ll be sure to buy one of those kits.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is also a company that makes and sells screen kits that you can install on the Pentair units.

MK Rat Proofing sells wire mesh kits to cover the vents or you can fabricate your own using 1/4" mesh wire screen or simple chicken wire and some sheet metal.

Some people put mothballs inside the unit to keep mice out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.