Spa not maintaining set tempurature

I get the red flame when I press SPA on the app, not directly on the heater. Pressing SPA (or Pool) on the heater doesn't do anything as it seems to be getting controlled/overridden by the Easy Touch
Pressing SPA ON should do something when the ET is asking for heat.

I wonder if some buttons on the membrane keypad are bad.

It should be noted for all trying to help that you have an ETI heater and not a MasterTemp.

When you have the red flame and heat on in the APP what happens when you press HEATER OFF?

What happens when you then press SPA ON?

What happens when you press POOL ON?

full

Last edited:

You should not have to push any buttons on the heater.. Just leave it in the Pool mode if that works.

As a test, with the EasyTouch in the pool mode, see how the heater responds to adjusting the set point up and down and the red flame..

Then do the same with the EasyTouch in the Spa mode..

Do you know for the sure the heater is not coming on because you can see it, or hear it??? Or... does the water not heat up as quickly as you expect???

Thanks,

Jim R.

I just spent an hour on the phone with Pentair tech support. They were trying all sorts of usual trouble shooting things- adjusting temp up and down from the PC app, checking the wireless antenna connection and then we did a "soft reset" by simply pressing the reset button on the ET panel. Voila, that seems to have done it. One thing I'm now seeing is that "Heater" is no longer highlighted in red when I'm in every day pool mode (see first picture at start of this post). But when I select Spa it does turn red (and Pool stays red). I'm going to leave it that way so long as I don't have any further issues. If I do, I'll update this thread.

Separately, the Pentair tech told me (and my pool guy told me that Pentair told him the same thing) that the eti400 should have a maintenance cleaning each year. My pool guy told me that he charges about $1,000 for this (essentially you have to break the whole heater down and put it back together and it takes a day). So I'll be doing this every 2-3 years. Didn't realize I was looking at German car maintenance costs when I bought this heater!

Reactions: Jimrahbe