Spa losing water to pool even after replacing check valves

Jamie,

Thanks for the pics.. It is very clear, now that I can see everything, that I was wrong about the odd-looking check valve just to the left of the tab feeder.

Sorry about that...

I agree with JamesW that your best bet is to remove the tab feeder and associated check valve.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: jamieSATX
Glad it's resolved.

Your call, but it sounds like "the tech" from the pool store caused a lot of issues for you to have to pay more/ Have you asked for any kind of credit from them since what they did was both wrong and co$t you more to have it properly resolved?
Yes! I sent the videos that the technician from the leak detection company created to the pool store, and told them that they had installed the wrong size actuator/diverter valve. The pool store apologized, recognized that was their mistake, and refunded us for that valve ($92). I didn't ask for a refund for the service visit, since on the same visit they also replaced the drain plug on our filter (which had a small drip leak) and cleaned the filter.

The pool store had saved us money before. A month ago, our waterfall pump stopped starting and one pool company told us that we needed a new pump motor for $850. The tech from the pool store got it working just by replacing the capacitor, which was $50 plus $150 for the service call. But the day after the capacitor was replaced, the check valve on that pump stopped working so the tech came back to replace that. And then as soon as that check valve was replaced, the spa started draining, and that's when we got the leak detection company to come check everything. Lots of issues within a one month period. Glad things are good now and hope they stay that way!

Good deal…note that things like replacing a filter drain plug, prob was the result of a bad or deteriorated 0-ring, a $3-4 dollar part. The forum could have helped you w that one, along w changing the capacitor on the pool pump. But, we all know we have limited time.

Good luck & enjoy your poor !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.