Spa lights just stopped working

Dec 18, 2018
IN
We purged and refilled our hot tub on Saturday this weekend. By the time it came up to temp it was late, but the water looked great with the LED lights on. I spent the morning on Sunday balancing the water and getting the chlorine up to level and was really looking forward to a nice soak last night. When I went to open the tub after dark to get in - none of the lights would turn on inside or outside the tub. Definitely took the wind out of my sails - this tub is less than a year old.

The switch for the lights is integrated in the touch panel on our Artesian Grand Cayman and the icon looks like a light bulb. The icon on the panel is greyed-out when the lights are off, and turns a yellow when the lights are on. When I press it, the icon turns yellow, but the lights don't come on. No clicking sound - although not sure if there usually is. I looked this morning and it didn't look like there was any water in the lights.

A few questions and looking for any suggestions about how this happened and what to do.
  • If I have to replace a light in the tub, do I have to drain it all the way or just below the lights? I just refilled it so really don't want to refill it at all unless I have to.
  • What's the best way to track down the issue? If one LED light goes bad do they all go out?
  • Is this something I can do myself if I'm handy with a multi-meter, or best to just call the repair guy? Given how new the tub is, wondering if this is covered under warranty.
Really appreciate the advice on this site. Helpful info from knowledgeable people on every related topic. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sounds more like a bad relay that controls power to the lights. Control panel responds and turns the light icon yellow. You have more than one LED light and none of them turns on so highly unlikely all the lights failed.

If one LED light fails they usually don't take out all the lights. Unless they did something cheap and used one set of LED drivers to control multiple LED lights, which I doubt.

I don't know the details of your tub to know where you should begin poking around. Relays are usually soldered to a control board and not easily replaceable. So in the end you will probably end up replacing the control board if it is a relay failure. You have to open things up and see what the wiring between the LED lights and the control board look like.

Looks like these guys sell parts for your spa - Artesian Spa Parts

Thanks - I ended up calling the spa store where I purchased it and it was under warranty so I'm having them look at it. In talking with them on the phone sounds like they agree it is probably the board or maybe a loose wire. Not sure how a loose wire would happen though. Appreciate the insights.

Just thought I would update this in case it will help anyone else. In my case it ended up being the 2A fuse for the lights on the board. Just replaced the fuse with a new one and all is working now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.