Spa Draining in to pool after use

Apr 11, 2017
CA
I am a new homeowner and new pool owner. A few weeks back I used my jacuzzi and the next day my water level had dropped down to my pool line. The jacuzzi is raised with a spill over in to the pool.

After reading on this site I decided to replace the check valve. After I did so I thought I had fixed the issue. A few weeks later I used my jacuzzi again, and again woke up to my waterline dropped to my pool level once again. I went outside to my control panel and went in to Timeout mode switched over to Spa mode then to Pool mode, rand the filter again and it now seems to be holding again.

For equipment I have
Sta-Rite filter and heater
2 Jandry JVA2440 never lube valves
3 STA-Rite Max E Pro (pumps I guess)
PB4 Booster pump

Again new pool owner so still trying to learn

Thanks in advance

Did you have the pool installed after buying the home or is it just new with the home? Have you asked the previous owners about it or contacted the builder for some advice?

I do not have a spa that shares the same water with my pool, so I can't comment from experience. Perhaps someone else can chime in who has a spa/pool combo.

Thanks for the reply. I purchased the house 1 year ago, the pool was installed after the home was built. Pool os about 5 years old. The home is about 10 years old

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing. I went outside and put in to spa mode from pool mode, let the valves automatically move all the way, then put back in pool mode and ran the filter. I lost no water overnight in the Spa. It stayed full. Is something about to break?

Last edited:
Shakes,

If you have automated valves, it is not uncommon for them to go intermittently bad over time due to failing internal micro-switches.

Might want to cycle them a few times and makes sure they turn correctly. When failing, usually one valve will turn, but the other ones does not.

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

thanks for the response. Both valves tend to turn, is there any gaskets or internal that need to be switched out?

if it continues, is it just as esy as swapping out the bad valve for a new one? If you had to guess which valve do you think is going out?

Shakes,

You can rebuild the valves themselves, but my gut says they are not bad. I was talking about the electric actuator that the automation system uses to turn the actual valve not working correctly.

They can become intermittent and cause a valve not to turn.

Are you still having the problem? If so, I suggest you note the position of the valve handles, when working and not leaking back into the pool, and then check the handle positions when it is leaking back into the pool. And see if they are different.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.