Recommended heater 400k

May 26, 2017
West Hills, Ca.
Hello! Need to replace my Jandy 400k btu heater and looking for recommendations. Pool store recommended the Sta-Rite which is most economical, but is it a dependable and long lasting or should I consider other brands? Not a salt water pool. 25k gallon in ground with jacuzzi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! Need to replace my handy 400k btu heater and looking for recommendations. Pool store recommended the Sta-Rite which is most economical, but is it a dependable and long lasting or should I consider other brands? Not a salt water pool. 25k gallon in ground with jacuzzi.
RayPak is well known brand as is Pentair. See the link but you can search for any heater in the Wiki to see more details.

Thanks! I read some troubling reviews on StaRite online (Amazon I think). Went to local pool place (not Leslie’s) I trust and they steered me toward the master temp 400 vs the raypak 404btu or the jxi from handy. Great price (tho still expensive!!) and install of just 450, so here we go. Gas company has a discount as well for its efficiency. Hopefully we’ll be good for the next 17 years that the old jandy lasted. Man that thing has been through the ringer. Literally totally rusted out and now leaking, I got every second of life out of it.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.