Spa draining at night + Water level dropping overall

K8Luvs2Run

Gold Supporter
May 13, 2016
McKinney, TX
Hi Friends,
Well, my husband warned me "don't get a pool" and because I didn't listen I now have a that voice in my head droning on... "I told ya so". So, here I am. Frustrated again. :(
3rd summer in our pool and 3 days ago I woke up to the spa level down and the pool level down.

Add'l details:
- Spa above pool level
- Equipment moderately below pool level
- Water auto-fill set for an hour each day
* I have been filling it for an extra 3 hours a day the past 3 days

The check valve was replaced last summer and I just looked at it, but cannot tell if thats an issue since I am also losing water. The skimmer pump is full, I did open it and cleaned the filter.
Now, wondering if there is an easy way to see if this is a pool leak versus a pipe leak?

Also, it looks like I also have a leak in a joint in my pool cleaner line. Something else I haven't fixed before. :(

Thank you in advance for your help!
Kate

Attachments

• IMG_0635.jpeg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    652 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0636.jpeg
    IMG_0636.jpeg
    695.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0637.jpeg
    IMG_0637.jpeg
    611 KB · Views: 21

Turn off your autofill.

Turn off your pump and see if water level drops.

Let water level drop and see where water level stabilizes. That level points to where the leak is.

It is a process of elimination to determine leak area.

Thank you. Between 5PM yesterday, when the pool equipment turned off and this morning at 7AM, the pool level looks the same, but the spa level has dropped to about 1/2 inch above the jets. This is with no autofill. Not sure what this means. :(

i would open up your return and suction valves and check that they are sealing properly. You should have O ring kits to replace the O rings when you open them up. You could have a leak around your suction valve diverter that is allowing water to drain to the pool.

Please check that your pool/spa suction valve is closing completely. Also, there should be a check valve in the return-to-spa line that may be leaking back to the pool. If you need to replace it, if it is not a Jandy-type, it would be good to use that type that can be repaired without cutting it out of the plumbing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.