Spa does not like to run at 100% speed

frogbite

Nov 10, 2019
Mirritt Island/Florida
Hi,

I have an Aqualogic automation setup. I also have a Hayward VSP. In pool mode, everything works great. When I put it into spa mode, the heater kicks on and runs at 100% for 10-15 minutes, maybe longer but eventually drops to 50%. When I look at the display on the Aqualogic controller it shows the speed at 50% and it is indeed running at 50%.

The VSP is setup for remote opeartion and is set to "Pool Filter" for the channel. I can not find anything in the menus regarding setting a secondary speed for the spa and when I go into the configuration there is a single setting for spa speed and it is 100%. Been through the menus many times and I am at a loss as to what is dropping the speed to 50%.

Any ideas?

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Welcome to TFP.

The VSP is setup for remote opeartion and is set to "Pool Filter" for the channel. I can not find anything in the menus regarding setting a secondary speed for the spa and when I go into the configuration there is a single setting for spa speed and it is 100%. Been through the menus many times and I am at a loss as to what is dropping the speed to 50%.

Any ideas?
Configuration on the Aqualogic or on the pump?

Menus on the Aqualogic or on the pump?