May 15, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All,
My Spa Blower comes on without anyone turning it on. No one is even near the Pool/Spa when it happens. Only happens when the filter pump is on. If I turn the filter pump off, the blower goes off, then, if I turn the filter pump back on the blower stays off. Does not happen every day, twice a month maybe. Anyone have experience with this crazyness?

Give us a clue - what automation system do you have?

Put more detail in your signature please. Model numbers please.

Do you have a spa side remote panel on your automation system?

Where does the electrical feed for the "spa blower air button switch" come from? Same feed as the filter pump? What are the rated amps for the "spa blower air button switch" contacts ? What is the listed amp draw of the spa blower? What is the actual amp draw of the spa blower? Almost sounds as if the "spa blower air button switch" contacts are sticking closed at times.

I think the electrical feed for the "Spa Blower" comes from the same feed as the filter pump.
Normally (most of the time), when the filter pump is on, I can turn the spa blower on/off using the air button switch. But, when the filter pump is on, and the blower starts on it own (maybe once or twice a month), I can not turn the blower off with the air switch, I have to turn the filter pump off then on again to stop the blower.

Have you located the relay the air button is connected to? It may look something like this...

spa-safety-switch-jpg.480010

I do know were the relay is. What should I look for, in the relay?
My relay is an AS-Multi Combo-95 by Allied Innovations Control.

Is water in the air tube symptomatic of my issue? I have not tried blowing air through the tube. Not sure how water would get in the tube though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.