Spa Blower with it's own mind

wedward

Silver Supporter
Oct 20, 2018
McKinney, TX
When I first got my new house, we tried to figure out the spa, and decided it was only meant to give us warm water, not really like a jacuzzi. Fast forward to April when we had some hot days here in TX and I turned on the heater and spa. My little on screamed with joy at the bubbly water as I sat trying to figure out the controls. The main change I made then was putting in brand new filters, where I noted the higher pump pressure. Anytime we went to spa mode, the heat came on and bubbles bubbled...
Now a month later, for some reason it's back to no bubbles despite the automatic controls turning it all on. I can't find good answers searching due to such common words, but is the blower supposed to only work when the heater is at target temp? I've checked the panel and unit and no shorts, no error codes, no bubbles, but all else working. I'll probably open up the filters and clean just to check, but was hoping on intrepid pool peeps that really know this stuff can point me in the right direction. I've come a long way to DIY and get a beautiful pool, but this Hayward Controls unit sometimes just seems to do it's own thing, and I'd hate to pay someone to come out and charge me for some little dumb thing I missed.

Plugged filters reduce flow rate and your heater must meet a certain pressure drop through it to actuate the pressure switch that will allow the heater to operate.

The blower should work regardless. Is the blower running?

I do not know anything about blowers. Most spas do not need them unless you have over 6 to 8 jets.

Do you have a specific button for the air blower on/off?

Have you check the circuit breaker for the blower?

If you can't describe what your setup is please post pics of your equipment pad, blower, circuit breakers, and pool controls.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.