Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Ok, so… i turned my spa on (heater off) just to circulate freshly chlorinated water thru the spa related pipes. All good. Then I turn on the blower for a minute just to evacuate the blower related pipes of any old water so that when I turn the blower off, freshly chlorinated water enters those pipes. I run blower for a minute, then turn it off. I hear the blower turn off but lots of air still coming out of spa returns. I walk over to blower and I can hear it “spinning in neutral” so to speak. Air is obviously being pulled into the blower (quasi Venturi style I suppose) and causing the blower to rotate. I cycle blower on and off again. And spa jets on and off again. Same result. What broke? Some sort of check valve within the blower assembly??

I have an Air Supply blower that allows air to pass through when the unit is off. If all air is blocked, there are no bubbles in spa mode unless the blower is on. The unit allows pass through air both with and without the supplied check valve. The check valve is designed to block water flow from going back to the blower.

Yep ok. It’s not spinning fast. But I can tell it’s rotating. I actually prefer the way the air comes out of the jets in this manner. But, I can’t “turn it off”.

With your blower, when it is NOT powered on, do you have the option to allow or disallow air from being sucked into the blower?

With your blower, when it is NOT powered on, do you have the option to allow or disallow air from being sucked into the blower?
I don't. I would need to add a shut off valve on the vent line. I haven't found a need to stop the bubbles. I have high TA fill water so I take advantage of the bubbles for aeration.

With blower and spa off - and left that way overnight - chances are it will return to its previous behavior. But if it doesn't , it isn't hurting anything.

Please review your signature and expand on your pool equipment (manufacturers and model numbers, including automation) and test kit info. The info will assist us in providing specific help without needi g to ask you each time.

I actually prefer the way the air comes out of the jets in this manner.
You would have that by removing the blower. A properly designed integrated spa does not need a blower.

Just lower the rpm of the pump when in that mode and the bubbles will cease or at least greatly diminish.

With blower and spa off - and left that way overnight - chances are it will return to its previous behavior. But if it doesn't , it isn't hurting anything.

Please review your signature and expand on your pool equipment (manufacturers and model numbers, including automation) and test kit info. The info will assist us in providing specific help without needi g to ask you each time.
I started it up this morning, same new behavior. I am actually fine with it this way, but any time something changes, I like to understand it...maybe something else is going on to cause this???

Sig updated :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Whatcha mean?
An integrated spa with a properly designed Hartford Loop with the air inlet reasonably close to the spa will pull in enough air to make bubbles. Now they will not be violent, but our integrated spa is great with just the air inlet and no blower.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.