Spa Air Blower Only Runs For a Few Minutes Before Shutting Off - Any Ideas?

freedom5

Aug 8, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
I have a 2 HP spa air blower that keeps turning off after a few minutes. While it is running the bubbles and airflow are great in the spa.

I recently replaced my single speed 2 HP pool pump with a 1.5 HP variable pump. The THP are equal; however, I do see there is less flow at top speed. On clean backwash, my PSI was 25 with my former pump and now 22 on spa setting. My spa overflows to my pool too.

With previous pump, my air blower would behave this way too; however, I wanted to ask if this air blower shutting off could be attributed to less water flow. Maybe there is some sort of maintenance I need to do.

Can you run the blower without the pump? Does it still shut off? If not, then it is related to the pump and you likely need new jet internals.
Spa jets are often adjustable at the jet and have air control valves along the top edge. Are these all open? It would be normal to close the air controls when the spa is not in use, and jets can be accidentally closed.
You said you get lots of bubbles, but just to be clear you should see a steady stream of large bubbles from each jet with the pump off. If not you could have a blockage, a bad blower, or a blower that is too small for the job. Has it ever worked for you? What is the hp?

Also see thread below

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.