Soon to be, AGP. Can't wait!

Madged

Jul 30, 2016
Clovis, NM
Hello, Finally able to say we will soon be owners of an above ground pool from Pool Factory. Should be here within the next week. Last summer my granddaughter sweet talked her grandpa into buying a pool and so he ordered a 14 x32 intex. It made me want bigger deeper pool and so My husband ordered the following:
21'x52 Saltwater 5000 Round Pool | Above Ground Saltwater Pools
UAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I hope we know what we are doing. My husband works with water/wastewater so was able to keep our pool crystal clear last year. Here's hoping for the same results this year. I shall update as things progress.

HI! What a sweet set of Grandparents!

We would love to see the area the pool will be going. We LOVE pictures and stories here!

As I am sure you know the site prep for the pool is the most important part. Will y'all be doing the work or hiring it out?

Nice that your hubby was able to help with the water. Did he take it to work to test?

Kim:kim:

I am finally back! Pool is up after several slow starts and weather delays. Filling as I type. Hope to get the pump and all that stuff up and running tomorrow, and swimming by the weekend. Where to start with the chemicals?

Here is a set of links I put together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info so go slow and ask LOTS of questions:

Here are some links you will need when you are starting up a pool.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

You do need to buy some CYA (stabilizer) as you have to add that.

Well I don't have a plaster pool so I can disregard these directions. And Im sorry to say I'm one of those that needs my hand held. Im reading pool school, reading levels and pool math and its like greek. I forget the movie this line is from but "I don't understand the words that are coming out of your mouth!" Lol , Im looking for directions that say. Step one fill with water, step 2 do this, step 3 do that....
When really all I wanna do is swim! My husband (the water expert) says you tell me what I need to do so you learn it.

I am so sorry. I should not have shared the plaster link. You are correct you can throw it away.

Okay here is step by step:

-let us know what test kit you have-put it in your signature

-Use your test kit and share the results here like this

FC
CC
PH
TA
CYA - do not test for this as it has to be added

Once we get your test results we can go from there

If you look at the set of links in post 5 you will see one for the ABC of pools. It has all of the "language" we use.

As for what they pool store sold him, you can take it all back and get your money back. You can buy the stuff you need at Walmart, Target,Lowes, etc for MUCH cheaper.

Note the link in post 5 that says recommended chemicals. It shows you what we buy when needed. Now don't go out and buy all of that stuff as you might not need it. We need your first set of tests to know where to go.

I DO know you need to buy some CYA (Stabilizer) as it needs to be added. Sometimes it is also called "balancer".

Use Pool Math (post 5) to tell you how much CYA to buy and add. I see the pool store says to put it in the skimmer. We have found that is not the best way after doing many experiments the best way is to put it in a sock (tube socks or such work best) and hang it in front of the return.

What did your husband use when he took care of the pool last year as far as chlorine? Liquid, tablets?

I hope this is more helpful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.