Soon to be pool owner!!!!

octavio8080

May 4, 2023
Valparaiso, IN
Hello everyone, we finally broke ground for our pool installation. It has been 2 weeks since the contractor started but I must say that I’m not impressed with anything they have done so far.

There has been what I consider horrible communication and a few problems and concerns have come up.

But the one that is bugging me right now is that apparently my contractor will not be installing a drain around the pool.
So far I have talked to other pool professionals in my area and they have strongly suggested to have the drain installed.

When I asked my contractor he said he has never installed one for any of the pools he ever built in the past and that he has never had a problem.

I’m very concerned and don’t know what to do.
If anyone has any input I would highly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Octavio De la Vega.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If you live in an area that receives a lot of rain and run-off, and//or has a high water table, it's only makes sense to take preventative measure with ways to divert water underground and around the pool shell. A sump pit is another such method. If you are the one paying for the service, they should be inclined to make the customer happy - should. Worse case scenario I guess you cold have a separate contractor do it after the pool is complete. Maybe some other companies or local experts could give you evidence in writing about the need for such drainage? The county Environmental office perhaps