Solar Cover Bubbles Coming Off

SR6319

Nov 20, 2020
New Jersey
Purchased a solar cover last year. Over the last few weeks the top skin of the air bubbles on the back of the solar cover are just falling off. I stopped putting the solar cover on the pool as every time I reeled the cover off dozens and dozens of the back little round skins fell off and I had to spend much time scooping the skins out of the pool. Any idea for the cause? I believe I paid about $120 for the cover.

They don't last. Buy the cheapest solar cover you can find and expect to replace it regularly.

What was said above... Unfortunately, that $120 cover was probably the cheapest he could find, because a year prior it was most likely sold for $65. Personally, since you are at the end of the season, cut it in managable pieces and start throwing it away. I've had 16 mil, 12 mil and 8 mil covers and they all seem to be done after 2 season.

Solar covers are a consumable item. I threw mine away every 2 - 3 years. However, you can help extend the life. Make sure your water is balanced properly. If you use a reel make sure to cover the rolled up cover when not in use. The sun will bake a cover rolled up on a real. Even if you don't use a reel make sure the cover is out of the sun if its not on the pool. All of this will help extend the life of the solar cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.